An event can't happen without attendees, and you can't get attendees with some event promotion! However, you don't need to blow your entire budget on an expensive ad campaign. I've come up with five super easy ways to promote your event, all at no cost (and very little time spent) to you.
• Add your event to a community calendar—Eventful.com is a great place to start.
• Ask your staff members to place your event and registration link on their social media networks.
• Open a Twitter account just for your event, and use it to notify attendees of registration deadlines, event agenda updates and more.
• Send your keynote speakers/presenters information about the event to include on their websites and/or blogs.
• Search for trade publications or organization websites related to your event, then connect with members by participating in Twitter chats, forums, blog discussions, etc.