Wondering how to get some extra recognition and marketing buzz for your association? Consider re-vamping your chapter's branding!
In this day and age, there are so many emails and websites flying around that it is hard to cut through the clutter and get that necessary attention from your audience. Make sure that your association is on the top of the mind for all of your members by having a strong brand recognition and presence! Here are some easy ways to build more of a name for your association and prove to members and non-members all of the many reasons they should be a part of your organization:
- Create a unique logo and use it... a lot! - Does your chapter have a logo that is specifically yours? If not, consider getting one made. This is an easy way to put your official "stamp" on your events, emails, sponsor signs, letters and anything else you're putting in front of your membership. This is key for building overall recognition of your organization, and it can help show non-members how active your association is. Think about what comes to mind when you see the logo of those golden yellow arches or the white image of an apple - those are powerful images because you immediately recognize what organization the logo is for and you become more and more familiar with them as a company. Take a note from their book and get your chapter logo out there too!
- Change the “From Name” on your association emails - are you sending out a quick reminder about your next chapter meeting? Or is your fundraising committee chair messaging the membership about your upcoming charity event? No matter the subject matter for the message, consider listing the From Name on the email as the name of the association. That way your audience knows instantly that the message is coming from your organization and will be more likely to respond. This can boost your email/letter open rates since recipients ... instead of receiving a message from a ''John Doe" whom they may not realize is the new chapter president!
- Use specific colors and fonts - Pick two or three colors and fonts that suit the chapter and make them your "defaults." This creates a professional, uniform message for your audience. It also adds value to your association since you now have one set, clean format for communicating with your audience! This small change can boost credibility for your association and can prove to your members and non-members alike what a professional organization it is.
- Don't forget to link to your social media pages - Now that you have that Facebook page and Twitter feed set up for the chapter, make sure your members know about it! Think about adding links to your email signature line and to your chapter website. Incorporate Twitter hashtags for your events and invite everyone to list themselves as a member of the group on LinkedIn. These provide great networking opportunities for members but also lets your members market your chapter on your behalf! Now your members' contacts all know about your chapter too and may consider joining.
- Build chapter website traffic - Many organizations choose to list just the essentials on their website, but why not make the site a source of the latest news, updates, and upcoming events? By maintaining your site more regularly, you will be seen as more of a thought-leader for your audience and you will get people talking about what's new at your organization!
With your new branding plan, you can sit back and allow your chapter's professional communications boost credibility (and hopefully membership!) on the organization's behalf.