Some of members of your party are heading out of town but they have a challenge: Who is going to look after their dog while they are gone? If you're based in Vancouver, Houston and a number of other locations, pet resorts have come to the rescue.
Jet Pet Resort and Spa (Vancouver)
Jet Pet Resort and Spa, the 5 Star pet hotel at the Vancouver International Airport recently featured on Canada's Dragon's Den, can accommodate dogs and cats of all sizes in its 15,000-square-foot indoor and outdoor facility. With dog suites starting at $20 a night, it's a convenient, accessible and affordable option. Travelers just have to drop off their pet and it's off to check-in for their flights.
Pet amenities include:
- a playground in an indoor courtyard with a variety of pet toys, a man-made 20-ft. tree, and custom play and exercise equipment.
- 2 outdoor playgrounds with pet pools
- sheepskin bed covers that wick moisture away to provide anti-bacterial protection.
- infrared dog beds for older pets and those recovering from surgery or injury.
- relaxing day lounges with plasma TVs and web cams that make it possible for pet owners to check on their pets while they are out of town.
- a fully equipped kitchen and on-site chef to cater to special dietary needs.
For an extra charge, private walks are can be arranged and pets can be groomed and pampered at the 8,000-square-foot Pet Spa.
Pet Paradise Resort (USA)
In Houston, New Orleans Fort Lauderdale, and Jacksonville, Pet Paradise has has convenient airport locations. It offers upscale pet care indoor/outdoor pet suites and spacious play areas. A variety of grooming and spa packages offering ear cleaning, medicated baths are available through the full-service spa on-site.
Pet Paradise has a number of programs that give back to the community. For example, pet hair was collected and donated to Matter of Trust to make special brooms for use during the 2010 Gulf Oil Spill. In collaboration with Whole Foods, the annual Pet Food drive collects and donates food to pet shelters and pet owners who are having difficulty finding resources to care for their pets.
Hanrob Pet Hotels (Australia)
Located in Sydney and Melbourne, Hanrob Pet Hotels has a number of locations including 2 convenient airport hotels that provide luxury accommodation with outdoor play areas and gourmet dining for dogs and cats. Kennels feature non-allergenic trampoline beds. Facilities include an artificial beach. Playtime is 3 times a day. Complimentary pet shuttles and limos offer convenient transportation to and from the hotels.
Photo Credit: Jet Pet Resort and Spa