Chuck Ghoorah, Cvent's Co-founder and President of Worldwide Sales & Marketing, wrapped up this year's Cvent CONNECT with a powerful call for participants to stay connected and take their rightful place at the boardroom table.
Thanks to the tools, metrics, and platforms now available, event industry professionals no longer have to rely on "gut feelings" to demonstrate the value of meetings and events. With the tools and hard data available through Cvent's "platform in the cloud," they can compile the data to provide concrete evidence of ROI to CEOs.
When presented with data that traces a customer's digital footprint across meetings and events, the new CEO gets it.
- 94% of executives surveyed by Cvent indicated that they believe in the power of events to drive revenue, leads and awareness.
Among them is Bill McDermott, Global CEO of SAP and keynote speaker at Cvent's Corporate Business Forum and IMEX last year. Ghoorah shared excerpts from this interview in which he shared his passion for events.
Participants stayed connected face-to-face during the four-day Cvent CONNECT conference, but were also active online:
- 95% of participants downloaded the CrowdCompass mobile app
- there were over 5,000 posts on social media, particularly Twitter and Instagram
- more than 1,000 photos were shared on Instagram
Ghoorah urged Cvent CONNECT participants to stay connected by sharing success stories and best practices by taking advantage of these tools available through Cvent to stay connected:
- Join Cvent's Online Community that facilitates peer-to-peer interaction. Post questions and respond to colleagues based on your own successes.
- Check out the Success Group Stories to provide data and case studies to build a business case for the C-suite
- Become a Cvent Advocate and provide support to your peers. This program was launched two months ago. So far, there are 600 Cvent Advocates and 150 of them signed up during Cvent CONNECT
- Attend Cvent's live, half-day Customer Success Group when it comes to your area. These peer-to-peer lead sessions will give event planners across the country access to some of the same information and tools that were shared at Cvent CONNECT
- Participate in the Cvent Certification professional development program and join an elite network of event professionals.