Even if you don't live in the U.S, if you've ever seen the movies State Fair, county and state fairs are bound to have a special fascination. Mention state fair and images spring to mind of an annual event with midway rides, races, pie eating contests, carnival barkers promoting games of skill, agricultural competitions and rodeos.
County fairs are down-home affairs, but they are also an affordable and entertaining option for corporate events. They provide many promotional and sponsorship opportunities and an excellent way to boost brand awareness in the local market Many fairgrounds have event venues that corporate groups can rent for group dining, business meetings, and special events.
Here is a peek at what goes on at a typical county fair:
County & State Fairs in the U.S.
- Los Angeles County Fair - Largest County Fair in the the USA
- Iowa State Fair - Showcased in State Fair
- County Fairgrounds, USA
Agricultural & Annual Fairs in Other Destinations
- Ormstown, Quebec:Ormstown Fair (June)
- Denbigh, Clarendon, Jamaica: Denbigh Agricultural Show (July/August)
- Kleinberg, Ontario: Binder Twine (September)
- Chatsworth, UK: Chatsworth County Fair (September)
Toronto: There is no rodeo in these fairs but they both have horse show with some Western riding, rodeo style competitions.
The Canadian National Exhibition - C.N.E. (August) [Youtube Channel]
Royal Agricultural Winter Fair (November)
What is your favorite county, state or agricultural fair?