Dine-arounds. It's a concept that significantly boosts interaction between participants. Dine-arounds can take a variety of formats:
- small group dining for where groups of 6 - 8 attendees can bond over a full course meal
- progressive dinners at which attendees switch venues with each course
- pick your own where attendees are given a list of the venues participating in the dine-around and given the opportunity to reserve a spot at their preferred restaurant (on a first come first served basis)
On Monday Night for Cvent Connect, VIP event planners, sponsors, and members of the Cvent team gathered in tables of 8 at 4 selected venues, each with a different ambiance and menu. The Cvent team carefully matched diners so that people would have an opportunity to meet and interact with people they didn't know.
Each restaurant had a difference concept and menu.
Tom Colicchio’s Craftsteak
James Beard Award-winning Chef Tom Colicchio designed the dining concept for this dining establishments that transcends the typical steak house. The freshest ingredients are sourced from small family farms and farmer's markets. House specialties include Grilled Kobe Skirt Steak, Braised Short Ribs, and veal. There are also seafood favorites like salmon and lobster.
Family-style service gave Cvent CONNECT attendees an opportunity to interact with each other as they sampled a variety of dishes including:
- Salads: Caesar salad, roasted baby beets, organic lettuces
- Second Course: grilled, dry aged N.Y strip steak, braised 24 hour short ribs, roasted free range chicken
- Side Dishes: asparagus, baby spinach
For dessert, guest were treated to platters with:
- small scoops of ice cream (banana, bourbon)
- sorbet (strawberry, ginger raspberry, and mango/pineapple with a hint of jalapeno to give it a kick)
- caramel chocolate mousse
- brioche bread pudding with bourbon hard sauce and vanilla bean ice cream
From its authentic menu of Japanese cuisine, Shibuya presented Asian dishes prepared from the freshest ingredients:
- Appetizer: Edamame, Hamachi Sashimi Yuzu Kosho Soy
- Salad: Sashimi Salad with Orange Sesame Soy Dressing
- Main: Choice of Black Angus Filet of Beef or Spring Chicken
- Tempura: Rock Shrimp Tempura
- Sushi: Selection of Nigiri and Hand Rolls
- Soup: Miso
- Dessert: Assorted Mochi Ice Cream with Seasonal Fruit
Fiamma Trattoria & Bar
Fiamma presented selections from its authentic Italian menu.
- Antipasto: Caesar Salad
- Secondi: Rigatoni Pasta
- Entree: Pollo or Salmone
- Dolci: Tiramisu
Crush showcased its cosmopolitan shared plate menu of traditional favorites from around the world through a delicious 4 course meal. Each guest could choose one of 2 or 3 menu selections per course.
- 1st Course: Baby Gem Caesar Salad or Heirloom Tomato
- 2nd Course: Alaskan Crab Risotto or Lamb Meatballs
- 3rd Course: Grilled Salmon, Half Roasted Citrus Chicken or Beef Hangar Steak au Poivre
- Happy Ending: Chef's tasting menu of desserts
Cvent CONNECT guests began their Las Vegas experience with a relaxing culinary journey. They had an opportunity to bond with other attendees, suppliers and Cvent staff and comparing notes with attendees who dined at other restaurants was a great conversation starter.
For more about Cvent CONNECT culinary experiences also read Cvent CONNECT Chronicles: Prepare Your Taste Buds.
Photo Credits: Anne Thornley-Brown