At Cvent CONNECT, event planners, as well as participants from associations and hotels, worked hard to take in a lot of valuable content that will help improve their meetings and events.
They've also been picking up great ideas for their own events, entertainment, decor, and catering at the receptions and dinners at the end of each day's program.
Opening Night Reception
The opening night reception for Cvent CONNECT took place at the Marquee ballroom of the MGM Grand Hotel in Las Vegas. The atmosphere was casual to promote mixing and mingling. As a DJ played modern upbeat hits, attendees helped themselves to refreshments from:
- a taco bar with beef, chicken, fish, and grilled vegetable tacos
- slider bar with Juicy Lucy Angus Beef, southwest black bean, crab cake, and BLT sliders
- dessert consisted of cake pops. Mini-cupcakes coated in candy colored icing were served on top of mini-ice cream cones.
- full premium brand bar which included Gray Goose Vodka, Bombay Sapphire Gin, Bacardi and Captain Morgan Rum, and Crown Royal Canadian whiskey
Monday: "Night in Vegas" Reception
Attendees mingled and networked as a DJ played upbeat favorites. The menu included:
- Seafood Extravaganza: shrimp ceviche, sweet Alaskan crab, main lobster tails, and mussels
- Signature Salads: from Tap (baby iceberg, bleu cheese, cherry tomatoes, bacon, shaved onions), Grand Wok (Thai, chicken salad, cilantro, bean sprouts, candied nuts) and Fiamma (classic Caesar, shaved Parmesan, croutons, pea sprouts)
- Mains: strip loin carving station, oven baked pasta station
- Shortcake Station: vanilla cream with lemon pound cake, strawberry compote with whipped cream, chocolate cream and sauteed cherries
VIP event planners networked with hotel and CONNECT sponsors and members of the Cvent team at Cvent CONNECT dine-arounds.
Tuesday: Taste of MGM Grand Poolside Party
On Tuesday, MGM Grand pulled out all the stops at the opening poolside party for the Cvent CONNECT Corporate Meeting Summit and Association Meeting Summit.
Event Planners and members of the Cvent team enjoyed signature dishes and delights from the MGM Grand family of dining establishments:
- Appetizers: jumbo red shrimp, fresh oysters on the half shell, sweet Alaskan crab
- Sushi: California roll, spicy tuna roll, yellowtail hamachi roll, rainbow roll
- Salads: hearts of romaine, tomatoes, mozzarella
- Main: oven baked lobster
- Pasta: rigatoni pillows with vegetable ragu
- Breads: lavash, soft garlic bread sticks
- Salads: frisee salad, lardons, bleu cheese and smoked bacon vinaigrette
- Mains: dry aged strip loin with caramelized shallots, braised short ribs, and root vegetables
- Breads: Artisan rolls and butter
MGM Grand Pastry Shop:
- traditional Tiramisu and coffee cream
- an irresistible chocolate sensation
- NY cheesecake with mixed berries
- assorted mini tarts
Entertainment consisted of contortionists who performed in transparent balls floating in the pool, music by Bella strings, dancers. Then, came the unexpected wow factors: "splash mob" chaos and...a 30-minute fireworks display (complete with waterfall) that dazzled guests.
When guests returned to their rooms, a surprise awaited them, an MGM Beach bag that converts into a towel. It had two huge bottles of water, just in time for the beach party. That was a nice touch.
Wednesday: Closing Party at Hakkasan Nightclub
Cvent CONNECT attendees danced the night away at Hakkasan Nightclub. Entertainment included aerial gymnasts and dancers.
The menu included stir fry pak choi in oyster sauce, Sanpei chicken, stir-fry black pepper rib eye, manicotti, and strawberry macaroons.