From top-tier clients to high performing employees, there are times when companies need to pull out all the stops to ensure that VIP guests feel valued and appreciated.
Never is this more challenging that when planning celebrations for senior event industry professionals who have pretty well seen it all. Yet, at the Corporate Meetings Summit and Association Meetings Summit, The Venetian | Palazzo Hotel and Cvent created breathtaking events by carefully selecting venues, themes, decor, catering, and entertainment.
Theme: Kaleidoscope Reinforced "Transforming Meetings and Events," the over-arching theme for both summits.
Welcome Celebration & Dinner (hosted by The Venetian | The Palazzo & Cvent)
While the opening night event was listed on the agenda as a Welcome Reception & Dinner, it was much more than that.
Cvent partnered with Destination by Design, the same Las Vegas planners that created the Pool Deck Party at the Four Seasons for IMEX America 2013.
- Venue: Palazzo K/L/M/N
These 4 segments of the ballroom with an elaborately designed ceiling that absolutely soared measured 70,176 square feet (204 x 344) and had a capacity of 1,720 for receptions.
- Decor: The already stunning ballroom was transformed into a colorful Kaleidoscope that appealed to all senses. The top 2 photos to the right taken the day before the event reveal that fabric in eye-popping, primary colors was draped with a stunning event.
The color palette and theme with seating, accent pillows, seating, spot lighting and kaleidoscopic designs projected on the walls in bold, vibrant colours. Clear acrylic chairs reflected the colors and lights. Rainbow Slinkies dangled around light fixtures and bright balls that were reminiscent of the planet shapes, that one sometimes sees inside kaleidoscopes, were suspended from the ceiling.
- Menu: Food stations, scattered throughout the venue reflected the kaleidoscope of flavors one finds at Marche.
Stations included Italian Corner and Farmer's Market with fresh vegetables, cheese and cold cuts.
To eliminate line-ups, there are 3 stations for the popular Oceania, featuring poached gulf shrimp, lobster tail, sushi, and sashimi, and Butcher Shop with NY strip loin and other beef dishes, and Dessert Station.
The Candy Bar, where guests could fill bags with colorful treats, was an instant hit.
- Entertainment: Life-sized DBD party suits included a kaleidoscope and other characters mingled with the crowd. Then, FOCUS3D surprised attendees with lively drumming and 3D effects.
The MCs for this event were Brian Ludwig, Senior Vice President Sales and Neal Mintz, Director, Third Party Partnerships. It was a chance to show appreciation to Cvent clients and reward those who have role modeled best practices.
- Venue: Palazzo A/B/G/H
The capacity for this room that was also used for general sessions was 1344. The dimensions were 68,208 sq. ft. (196 x 348).
- Decor: A VIP area was created close to the stage for representatives from the companies that had been nominated for awards. A fresh green linen was selected, tying in with the Palazzo/Venetian's Eco360 focus.
- Menu: Guests were surprised by the kaledoscope dessert that continued the theme from the previous night.
Vegas Style Night Out & After Party
- Venues: TAO Nightclub
The capacity is 800 guests for a reception. The dimensions are 8,000 suare feet when the Loft and Opium Lounge are included and the capacity increases to 1,300.
The total capacity of the the bistro, nightclub and beach is 3,000 guests. The full venue is 60,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor space.
As the venue is fully decorated with a Pan-Asian theme, there was no need to invest heavily in event decor. There was an ice sculpture of a Buddha with the Cvent logo above the seafood station.
- Menu: Food stations throughout the venue featured everything from steamed chicken dumplings and pot stickers to roast beef to half lobster, shrimp, sushi, and sashimi.
- Entertainment: A DJ spun a lively mix of dance music throughout the evening. A photographer took photos against a green screen and provided instant photos.
Photo Credits: Corporate Event Planning, Executive Oasis International