Late summer and early fall is one of the best times to plan incentive trips and executive retreats in Mexico. Hotel rates are favorable at this time of year so corporate event budgets will stretch further. Temperatures are gradually cooling down and, even when it rains, it isn't for the entire day.
The Cvent Event Blog has previously highlighted the fact that Riviera Maya is a picturesque area with beautiful beaches, lush rainforests, and luxury resorts.
But there are also a number of truly unique attractions that will make the time spent in Riviera Maya unforgettable. Here are 6 ways to explore:
- From the Vantage Point of the Past. Riviera May has many archaeological sites including Ek-Balam, the ancient Mayan city, Xcaret, and Tulum. Chichen Itza, one of the 7 Wonders of the world, now has a sound and light show.
- Along a zipline. At Selvatica Park, ziplining along a 12 zipline circuit offers splendid views of the lush, 100 hectare jungle. After the thrill of this experience, guests can cool down as they swim in a cenote (sinkhole).
- On an ATV. On winding paths through the Mayan jungle, it's an opportunity to explore a protected area. You'll stop and explore caves, swim in cenotes, and discover Mayan ruins.
- From a yacht or catamaran. It's an opportunity to explore Riviera Maya from a unique vantage point. Fishing and snorkeling adventures await. Before returning to the resort, browse for treasures on Playa del Carmen's 5th Avenue.
- On horseback. Riviera Maya offers a range of settings for horseback riding. Groups can ride through the jungle and mangroves or along the beach. For those who dare, half day polo clinics are available.
- On a Harley. Customized motorcycle tours are available to explore a Mayan Village, Akumal, and other attractions.
Photo Credits: Executive Oasis International
For more experiences to enhance your groups experience in Riviera Maya, also consult Culinary Delights of Riviera Maya, Mexico.