Hosted buyer programs provide a number of benefits for event, conference and meeting planners. They are a real time saver. Event planners can discover new hotels, resorts, attractions, and suppliers in days instead of months. If they are doing business with suppliers in many destinations, planners can meet contacts face-to-face and transact business in a fraction of the time that they can do it via e-mail. Event and conference planners can also pick up great ideas for their own conferences, business meetings, corporate events, and special events. Hosted buyer programs also provide access to educational programs, networking events, and receptions.
This year, there are a number of hosted buyer opportunities. Here are just a few:
Date: March 25 - 27, 2013
Location: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
GIBTM 2013 offers 5 Star networking, access to Middle Eastern hotels, event and travel industry suppliers.
Benefits will include:
- A personal itinerary of pre-scheduled appointments with exhibitors
- Complimentary return economy flights on Ethiad Airways
- Complimentary 4/5 star accommodation in Abu Dhabi
- Receptions and exclusive networking events
- Access to the private Hosted Buyer lounge
- Complimentary access to the professional education program
- Abu Dhabi familiarization tour
Arabian Travel Market
Date: May 6 - 9, 2013
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Arabian Travel Market showcases destinations, accommodation, attractions, and airlines in the Middle East and around the world.
Only first-time hosted Arabian Travel Market delegates will be accepted. Hosted delegates will receive:
- Complimentary five star accommodation for 4 nights.
- Contribution towards return economy flights from selected airports.
- Local transfers between Dubai International Airport, hotels and Arabian Travel Market.
- Access to a buyer-driven appointment system and online diary.
- On-site appointment setting session.
- Access to educational programs.
- Invitations to exclusive networking functions.
- VIP Status - Entrance to the Buyers Club Lounge
Date: May 21 - 23, 2013
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
IMEX brings 3,887 hosted buyers from 68 countries together with 3,500 incentive travel, meeting and events industry exhibitors from over 150 countries. This year promises to be even bigger. There will be networking opportunities and over 70 educational sessions.
The IMEX hosted buyer program includes:
- Economy class flights from selected destinations
- Overnight stay in a 4/5 star hotel
- Transfers airport between hotels and exhibitions
- Hosted buyer lounge
- Exclusive registration facilities
- Dedicated IMEX support team
- Easy to use Online Diary
- Outstanding educational opportunities
Hosted buyers must attend a minimum of hosted 4 appointments with exhibitors per day.
PCMA Education Conference
Date: June 24 - 27, 2013
Location: Denver, Colorado
Senior level planners with significant purchasing power receive complimentary registration, access to 3 days of first-rate education programming and hotel discounts. In exchange, hosted buyers must commit to attending 5 pre-scheduled, 15 minute appointments.
Ignite Magazine Business Event Expo
Date: June 19-20, 2013
WEC 2013 Hosted Buyer Program
Date: July 20 - 23, 2013
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
This year, he program will begin before WEC starts so that hosted buyers and suppliers can take full advantage of the opportunities to participate in the education sessions. The WEC 2012 hosted buyer program will consist of:
- a luncheon
- 4 hours reserved for 1-to-1 appointments with suppliers
- a hosted buyer reception
This year there are 4 levels of participation:
- Planner Level 1: Minimum of 9 appointments in exchange for complimentary full-conference badge.
- Planner level 2: Minimum of 14 appointments in exchange for complimentary full -conference badge and airfare credit (up to $400).
- Planner level 3: Minimum of 19 appointments to receive complimentary full-conference badge, airfare credit (up to $400) and hotel accommodation for 4 nights.
Date: October 15 - 17, 2013
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
IMEX America delivers hosted buyers through intermediaries including Starwood Hotels and Resorts, Marriott Hotels, Intercontinental Hotels, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts, Mandarin Oriental, Ritz Carlton, Millennium Hotels, MPI, PCMA, and ASAE. If you are interested in attending IMEX America as a hosted buyer, contact one of these intermediaries.
Hosted buyers will access:
- Roundtrip coach class airfare from selected destinations
- 5 Star hotel accommodation
- Ground transfers
- Hosted buyer lounge access
- Dedicated IMEX America support team
- Outstanding educational opportunities including the MPI MeetDifferent Education & Innovation Day and PCMA International Summit
- Networking, receptions and socials
- User-friendly Online Diary
If you have never taken advantage of a hosted buyer program, make 2013 your year.
Cvent participates in a number of trade shows and industry events. Taking advantage of a hosted buyer program can give you an opportunity to members of the Cvent team face-to-face.
Photo Credits: Executive Oasis International