It is important for event planners to stay on top of trends in the consumer market as technology innovation in the consumer sector shapes the expectations of event participants.
Every year, the Consumer Technology Association hosts the International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), a mega-event (and the world's largest trade show in this category in Las Vegas. It's one of the best places to spot hot, emerging technology and keep abreast of the latest tech trends.
CES 2016, which will take place from January 6 - 9, 2016, will have a conference, a trade show, and the 3D Printing Marketplace.
The opening keynotes will be delivered by Brian Krzanich, C.E.O., Intel, and Dr. Herbert Diess, C.E.O., Passenger Cars, Volkswagen AG.
There will be 42 conference tracks including:
- Wireless and Mobile Technology
- Content and Technology
- 3D Printing: A Catalyst for Innovation
- Drone Policy and Innovation
- Entertainment Summit
- Gaming Trends
- Marketing and Engagement
- Top Tech Trends
SuperSessions that are not to be missed include Making Disney Magic: Connecting Digital and Physical World and An Inside Look: Industry Innovators and Government Join Forces.
Other CES 2016 conference highlights include:
- the CES Innovation Awards
- a Shark Tank Open Call
- Last Gadget Standing, a Survivor-style competition
- Extreme Tech Challenge in which the three finalists will win an opportunity to present at Necker Island, Sir Richard Branson's private island
At the trade show, exhibitors will showcase immersive entertainment that is bound to be a game changer for the event industry. Gaming technology, 4K Ultra High-Definition (4K UHD), High definition multimedia interface (HDMI), and smart televisions will take center stage.
The trade show will have three zones:
- Tech East: Augmented Reality, eCommerce, Cyber & Personal Security, Gaming & Virtual Reality, Go Pro, HDMI, iProducts, drones and other unmanned systems, Vehicle Intelligence, wireless devices, digital imaging/photography
Locations: Las Vegas Convention and World Trade Center (LVCC), the Westgate Las Vegas (Westgate) and the Renaissance Las Vegas (Renaissance)
- Tech West: Marketplaces include Education & Technology, Robotics, Sports Tech, University Innovations, and Wearables
Locations: Sands Expo (Sands), The Venetian, The Palazzo, Wynn Las Vegas and Encore at Wynn (Wynn/Encore)
- Tech South: C Space with advertising and marketing exhibits. C Space keynoters will include Stephen B. Burke, C.E.O., NBCUniversal and Michael Kassan, Chairman and C.E.O., Medialink
Locations: ARIA, Cosmopolitan, and Vdara
3D Printing Marketplace
3D Printing is emerging technology that is expected to have a significant impact on the events industry. The 3D Printing Marketplace will feature hot trends including 3D printed cakes and other edibles.
For highlights from previous years at International CES, consult Taxi-Sharing App Boosts Attendee Experiences and Trims Expenses and Push Launches High-Tech Staffing Software for CES Las Vegas.