In another month, event planners and hospitality industry professionals from all over the world will gather in Las Vegas for IMEX America. It will take place from October 15 - 17, 2013 in Halls A&B at the Sands Expo and Convention Center at The Venetian and The Palazzo. From all reports, it will be bigger and better than ever. If you are hosted buyer, the diary for booking appointments is scheduled to go online today.
I have had the pleasure of attending twice and am passing on the following tips for preparing to get the most out of this incredible trade show.
- Log into the IMEX America website, go to the Hosted Buyer Zone and double check your Hosted Buyer Information including travel and accommodation.
- Reach out to existing and former clients and find out their needs.
Let them know that you will be attending IMEX America and this will give you an opportunity to meet face-to-face with the hotels, venues and other suppliers that they will need for their meetings, conferences, and special events.
- Exhibitor details are now available so compile a list of the booths you need to visit for the events and meetings that you are planning.
IMEX is an excellent opportunity to meet face-to-face with suppliers with whom you have only communicated via e-mail.
- Slot in the evening events and receptions that have already been scheduled for you.
Be sure to schedule your last appointment to allow enough time to get to them.
- Identify the educational sessions that are of interest and slot them into your schedule.
- Before booking appointments, log into IMEX and have a look at the locations of the appointments that your Intermediary has already booked for you.
- When the diary is available, have a look at the times for the appointments that have already been scheduled.
- When you request appointments with other exhibitors, be careful to group appointments in the same area of the trade show floor as the appointments that have already been scheduled.
This will make it easier for you to locate trade show booths and conserve your energy for the long days.
Cvent & CrowdCompass By Cvent will be at Booth Number: 527
- Book appointments with the exhibitors for your upcoming events first.
- Book appointments with new suppliers and exhibitors in destinations that are new to you.
- If you are an exhibitor, be sure to confirm requested appointments quickly.
- Exhibitors should also take the time to reach out to delegates and request appointments.
- Be on the lookout for your badge that will arrive about 2 weeks before IMEX America.
There will an information package sent with your badge. It contains extremely helpful information so be sure to take time to review it.
If your badge does not arrive before the show, you can pick it up from the hosted buyer lounge at the show.
- On Twitter, follow IMEX Group and monitor the #IMEX13 hashtag for updates including information about the #eventprofs tweet-up.
- Buy comfortable shoes and get ready for one of the most interesting trade shows you've ever attended.