Are you heading to IMEX America 2012 in Las Vegas in a few days? I've attended IMEX America 2011 and IMEX Frankfurt 2012. I am here to tell you that you are in for a treat.
Cvent will have a booth and conduct a live panel and webinar hosted by Cvent Founder & CEO Reggie Aggarwal (more about that later). You'll also spot other Cvent bloggers like Jenise Fryatt.
Here are some practical tips to get the most out of IMEX America 2012.
For Hosted Buyers:
- Hosted buyers, use the map in your diary to group appointments in the same area together.
- Start out your day at the hosted buyer lounge.
They have coffee, cappuccino and snacks. In Frankfurt they surprised us with 15 minute massages. It's a great place to meet colleagues and network.
- Print out your schedule in the hosted buyer lounge if you've misplaced it.
- Use the checking facilities.
Check your laptop case and, on the last day, check your luggage in the hosted buyer lounge if you have to head straight to the airport after the show.
- Wear very comfortable shoes.
You'll see me in a business suit and pink and white running shoes. Yes, it looks funny but it beats having aching feet at the end of the day. (This often happens at large trade shows.)
- Attend Smart Monday.
It was very informative. Last year they surprised everyone by taking us to see the Blue Man Group Show at lunchtime.
- Don't miss the general sessions.
- Keep the first hour fee so that you can get the lay of the land and figure out how the trade show floor set up.
I didn't do that last year and my first appointment was way at the other end of the trade show floor.
- Do carve out some free time to stroll around the trade show floor.
You never know what hidden finds there will be with exhibitors with whom you did not set up appointments.
- Block out a couple of hours around noon to eat, rest and re-charge.
If you are staying at the same hotel as the show, you may even want to pop upstairs for a quick nap or shower.
- Tweet and blog about your experience.
- By all means take in the IMEX parties.
They are great fun. The London and Partners party was my favorite last year.
- RSVP on LinkedIn and definitely stick around for the Eurozone block party.
It is on Wednesday. October 10 from 5:00 - 6:00 PM right on the Trade Show Floor. What a blast!
- Definitely come to the tweet-ups.
There are 2 and you can sign up here for Tuesday, October 9, 2012 at PM and/or Wednesday, October 10, 2012 at 5 PM.
- Get plenty of rest before and during IMEX America 2012.
- Check out Cvent blog regularly.
Other Cvent bloggers and I will be tweeting live from the trade show floor and blogging. Follow the #imex12 and #cvent hashtags.