IMEX 2013 kicks off in Frankfurt in just over 2 weeks. As always, there will be some specific educational programs, training and presentations geared to the corporate sector.
- The Power of 10 Grand Challenges and Future Scenarios for the Meetings Industry
- Economic Impact Study: Background and Context size and shape of the UK meetings industry
- Strategic Meetings Management (SMM) The Business Value for Your Organization
- Up Your Meeting ROI with a Learning Lab Approach
- Trends, Issues and New Competencies: Implications for Today’s Meetings Professionals
- Technology and the Future of the Meetings and Events Industry: What You Need to Know
- Going Mobile: How Smart Devices and Mobile Apps Can Increase Engagement and Strengthen Connections at Meetings & Events
Exclusively Corporate @ IMEX
Using Association Day as a model, Exclusively Corporate @ IMEX is a brand new pre-show education and networking event geared towards corporate meeting planners and senior corporate executives. Participants will fly into into Frankfurt on Sunday, May 19th and enjoy a networking dinner sponsored by Fairmont, Raffles, Swissotel. Delegates will spend the night at Rocco Forte Villa Kennedy Hotel.
Monday morning will be free for participants to rest, catch up on work, tour Frankfurt, or participate in the corporate social responsibility program Come Cook With Us and Help The Homeless.
After a networking lunch, there will be a general session featuring 3 TED-style senior corporate executive presentations. This will be followed by a panel discussion facilitated by Des Duggan, Manager Education and Staffing IBM Inside Sales Europe and Meredith Smith, Director Travel and Meetings Asia Pacific and Japan for Merck & Co.
Senior executives will participate in a 4-hour facilitated discussion and benchmarking program led by Terri Breining and Kimberly Meyer, who are also facilitating the IMEX America Executive Meetings Forum.
Corporate meeting planners will take part in two consecutive sessions. First, Steph Pfeilsticker, Virtual Strategy Manager of Event Planning and Field Recognition at Thrivent Financial will present her peer-led case study: “Hybrid Meetings and the Art of Career Development.” Second, Alise Long, Corporate Events and Meetings Manager at DSM will reveal how her company launched a new corporate branding and strategy to its 25,000 strong global workforce over 149 events within 48 hours. This session will be facilitated by Roger Long, Owner and Founder of Blue Ox Consulting.
The day will end off with a high energy Open Space session, for which participants choose the discussion topics throughout the course of the day.