Did you miss Incentiveworks in Toronto this year? If so, let me tell you the highlights.
This year, Incentiveworks featured exhibitors from all over the U.S., Canada, the Caribbean, and Latin America. It was great to catch up with Jen Libbares from Cvent and Alex Walker from CrowdCompass.
A number of booths and the Hot Products Display showcased the latest in gift and gadgets.
My personal picks were:
- the multi-device charger by Incredible Novelties
- Cellulon Magic Cube virtual keyboard by Hammacher Schlemmer
As always, Incentiveworks was a fabulous place to discover new venues. My personal picks are:
- Spin: A visit to Spin was part of the new Toronto venues fam tour the day before Incentiveworks. With ping pong and picnic tables, it's great fun for corporate events.
- Ravine Vineyard: This historic organic winery is in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario. It has been owned by the Lowrey family for 5 generations and used for milling, canning, and farming. The 18th-century home has a parlor that is a perfect dining venue with a capacity of 30. Outdoor dining, cocktails and even weddings in the outdoor marquee among the vines can accommodate up to 300 guests.
- The Fifth Grill: This restaurant, the location of the closing party, is a converted loft with an old-fashioned elevator, charming ambience, comfortable couches, and a year-round rooftop patio. I had a very pleasant time brainstorming group options such as winter fondue and raclette parties with Libell Gedess, the charming and engaging Swiss-born founder and owner.
The hottest exhibit this year was from The Sultan's Tent & Cafe Moroc/Berber Restaurant Bar Lounge, two downtown Toronto restaurants, corporate and special event venues.
The exhibit featured:
- Moroccan decor including hand carved Mosharabi panels, plush divan seating, hand crafted artisanal treasures, and authentic Berber carpets
- henna and decorative jewelry application by Fresh Inc.
- tastings of the venues' house meringues (each with a distinct burst of flavor from Morocco) and Moroccan mint tea
- an authentic rose scent that complimented the aroma of the tea
Attendees were left with a real sense of what it would be like to spend time at the venues.
Stay tuned for a follow-up on Incentiveworks' educational seminars.