Company Pages are one of LinkedIn's best kept secrets. Did you know that as you complete your personal LinkedIn profile, LinkedIn automatically:
- links you into existing company pages for your places of employment?
- generates a new company profile for your business
Many businesses are not even aware that they have a LinkedIn profile so it's an under-utilized resource.
Yesterday when I logged into LinkedIn and checked out the Executive Oasis International LinkedIn Profile. (I confess, I don't do that very often). I was totally surprised and blown away by some of the new features. Take a look at the:
New Features for Company Profiles
Did you know that company profiles now have the following features?
- Status updates (You can even include videos).
Company updates were apparently announced a few months ago but I missed it.
- RSS feeds so that you can share your blog?
- Customizable Services tab
- Company Follow - yes, just like on Twitter, people can share your follow your LinkedIn company updates
- a Careers tab for job postings
- A list of people in your network who have worked for your company
I'm a power LinkedIn user yet I must confess that even I didn't know about many of these features. The great news is that most of them are free.
For some time, it has been possible for LinkedIn members to Follow company profiles. Now, LinkedIn has given members a reason to check out company profiles more often.
Owners of event planning businesses, independent event and meeting planners, the next time you are on Linkedin, click on your company's name on your profile. You just may be in for a pleasant surprise.
Find out more about how to showcase your company on your LinkedIn Company Page.