With a wide range of event venues and hotels and resorts at all price ranges, Ontario is an ideal destination for summer conferences, business meetings and retreats. Here is a small sample of things for corporate teams to do in Ontario during the summer.
Splash in a Water Park.
Take your pick from Wild Water Kingdom or Bingeman's Big Splash
Play in an Amusement Park.
There's Canada's Wonderland, Centreville on Toronto's Centre Island and the midway at the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE)
Get Bitten by the Polo Bug.
Polo for Heart is coming up from June 15 - 17, 2012
- Go for a Walk in the Treetops.
- Zipline Across the Elora Gorge.
- Float and Dine on a Cruise Ship.
- Paddle a Voyageur Canoe.
- Race a Dragon Boat.
Jump up in a Caribbean Carnival.
This year the festivities are scheduled in Toronto for August 2-5, 2012
- Learn about First Nations History and Cultures at a Powwow.
- Follow the Black Heritage Route to Discover the Communities Founded at the end of the Underground Railroad.
- Learn About How Ontario Residents Used to Live at Black Creek Pioneer Village and Upper Canada Village.
- Throw a Beach Party Beside a Lake. (There are many).
- Visit Horse Around on Spectacular Trails.
- Go on a Wilderness Survival Team Building Retreat.
Stroll in a Garden.
The Royal Ontario Garden, Niagara Botanical Garden, and the Toronto Botanical Gardens are waiting to welcome you.
- Glide in a Hot Air Balloon.
- Have fun a a summer festival.
Get Dazzled by Spectacular Fireworks.
The Festival of Fire is canceled this year due to the renovation of Ontario Place that is under way. There will be opportunities on Canada Day, Simcoe Day, and during the Toronto Fireworks Festival
Celebrate Christmas in July.
Santa's Village in Bracebridge and Christmas Shoppes in Toronto, Niagara-on-the-Lake and Port Carling will help feel the festive spirit
Head to the Rogers Cup, August 4 - 12, 2012
- Bike on a BIXI.
- Attend a War of 1812 Commemorative Event or Re-enactment.
- Explore Toronto's Distillery District in a Segway.
- Take an Urban Safari or Compete in a Great Canadian Race.
So, set your budget and select your community. Then pick an activity for your corporate team event that's guaranteed to get you pumped for the rest of the summer.
Photo Credits: Executive Oasis International