It's official. Today the calendar flips to spring. Over the next few weeks, groups can look forward to spending more and more time outdoors as the spring thaw takes place.
Here is some inspiration to "spring" into the season and create some wonderful events.
- Start with a spring theme that reflects and underscores your content.
I have previously provided suggestions in 8 Themes for Corporate Spring Events and
Corporate Events: Scintillating Spring Socials.
- Pick a venue in the country or in an urban park setting that gives guests a view of the seasonal changes. You can also take the word "spring" literally and select a venue on a property with cool or hot springs.
- Reinforce your theme with spring flowers, plants, colors, and titles. As this tulip sculpture from Wynn in Las Vegas demonstrates, there are many ways to incorporate flowers into decor.
- Include entertainment with a light spring feel to create an upbeat vibe and preview the warm weeks ahead.
There are many ways to warm up event venues but this is the most fun. Recently, world renowned Jamaican reggae harmony trio, The Mighty Diamonds, brought warmth to a greenhouse in Colorado as the seasons were starting to change.
- Nouvelle Cuisine with its light menus and clean but colorful presentation, showcasing fresh ingredients is a perfect fit for spring events. (Stay tuned for an upcoming blog post about nouvelle cuisine.)
- Get inspired. Ideas are everywhere. Flower festivals and home and garden shows are full of ideas that can be incorporated in to events. When spring is in the air and the right ingredients come together, it's magic. Here is more inspiration from Wynn. The carousel and hot air balloon sculptures were created by celebrity event designer Preston Bailey.
Here are some other ideas to help you bring a touch of spring to your next event: SPRING...into Your Next Event, Business Meetings 411: 10 Special Touches for Spring Meetings, Inspiration for Event Planners: Enhancing Events with Flowers, Inspiration for Event Planners: Plant Paradise, and 8 Easy Touches for Easter Events.
Photo Credits: Executive Oasis International