When planning family reunions, event planners can take advantage of resorts with special offers, deals, and meal packages, or resort credits to offset food and beverage costs.
Here are 3 examples of U.S. family-friendly resorts that use one or more of these approaches.
Ritz Carlton Dove Mountain (Arizona)
Special offers at this 800-acre, 253-room resort include:
- a bed and breakfast package
- an unlimited golf for 2 package which includes breakfast daily
- a summer getaway package with a $600 per stay room credit.
Restaurants include Ignite, specializing in gastropub fare, and Cayton's Burger Bistro. The resort offers Splash Dining (dining in water) at certain times of the year.
Of interest to groups planning family reunions and corporate events to which children are invited will be the:
- in-room camping (in tents instead of a roll-away bed)
- Sleeping Under the Stars Experience for families
- Ritz Kids Adventure program of supervised activities
- Ritz Kids Ranger expeditions (1/2 or full day)
Resort facilities include a spa, Jack Nicklaus Signature golf course, tennis, 3 swimming pools (including the adults only Spa Serenity pool with tanning island).
Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa (Palm Springs, California)
This 560-room resort has 55 function rooms. Guests can choose from special deals including a:
- $100 Resort Credit per night credit
- Chill Factor Near Palm Springs with a $50 resort credit per day
- Discover and Explore Like a Local that includes 4 tram passes per stay and daily breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children.
Dining facilities include SPC- Sirocco Pizza Company, Glo Sushi and CAVIA, specializing in fresh California cuisine.
Camp Oasis offers recreation for children from 5 - 12. The resort has two 18-hole golf course and 2 pools, including one with a sandy beach entrance.
Four Seasons Resort at Walt Disney World (Florida)
This resort, which opened in 2014, has 443 rooms and 68 suites. Special offers include a Bed and Breakfast package and a Suite Getaway with a $1000 resort credit. Dining facilities include Capa, a contemporary Spanish steak house, and Ravello with modern Italian cuisine.
The proximity to Walt Disney World is a definite plus. Explorer Island, an onsite 5 acre waterpark complete with interactive splash zone, a lazy river, and water slide will also be a big hit.
Photo Credits: Ritz Carlton, Dove Mountain, Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa