The Vivid Sydney Festival started last Friday and it runs until the 2nd Monday in June. This 18 day event is a joyous celebration with 3 main components:
- Vivid Music: There's something for everyone whether tastes are classical or avant garde. Musical collaborations create a fusion of various genres. Performers will include Grace Jones, folk veteran Bill Calahan, the Melbourne Ska Orchestra,
- Vivid Ideas: Ideas are fostered and exchanged through conferences, workshops, and keynotes. This year's line us includes:
- Trust me I'm Creative in which a panel of experts will discuss how to unleash creativity and foster trust in the workplace
- The Global Coworking Unconference Conference (GCUC)
- The Myth of Work Life Balance in a Get Ahead Culture
- Vivid Light: Light because the fireworks and the magic of 3D projection mapping transforms the Sydney Opera House, Martin Place Circular Quay, and other prominent arts venues into a kaleidoscope of color and light. The Vivid Light Show Dinner Cruise is the ideal vantage point from which to view the illuminations. This year a Giant robotic Pac-Man will light up the festival.
Hyde Park Barracks will be transformed into a interactive PLAY[ground] during the June long weekend, celebrating birthday of Elizabeth II.
This year, the festival has expanded its culinary offerings. There are night markets at Central Park featuring culinary fare and Eveleigh’s Carriageworks has been transformed into a bespoke gourmet venue showcasing the cuisine of 4 popular restaurants. Newton Hotel has created a pop-up restaurant in Central Park.
Last year, Vivid Sydney was recognized as Australia's Best Tourism Event. It's the perfect time to plan a conference or corporate event Down Under.
Places to Stay in Sydney, Australia
Photo Credit: Jason James