During the time I've been spending in the Poconos this Christmas season, I've been impressed by the variety of winter activities and facilities that are suitable for corporate groups.
Companies in New York, New Jersey and Ontario, Canada will be pleased that they can stretch their team building and incentive travel budgets and still create memorable adventures close to home. In addition to skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing and snowmobiling:
- Visit the Quiet Valley Living Historical Farm during Old Time Christmas or A Magical Fireside Christmas, the winter wonderland at The Inn at Pocono Manor. Groups can enjoy sledding, wagon rides, and bonfires with s'mores during downtime. The Inn has 14 meeting rooms.
- Go dogsledding or snowmobiling.
- Try winter horse riding along scenic trails or explore the winter wonderland from a horse drawn sleigh.
- Experience Christmas in ICE or Crystal Cabin Fever at Sculpted Ice Works!
- Shop for Christmas decorations and gifts all year long at The Christmas Factory. It's one of the largest Christmas stores in the world.
- Give lady luck a try at Mount Airy Casino Resort. Set on 1065 acres, it has 188 rooms and 4 meeting rooms.
- Splash at an indoor waterpark at Great Wolf Lodge Pocono Mountains and, opening in 2015, Kalahari Resorts Pocono Mountains. Both properties have meeting facilities.
- Time your visit for the week of Valentine's Day for Dinner Theater with 4 course gourmet menu at Ehrhardts.
- Savor the delights of the Great Tastes of Pennsylvania Wine and Food Festival.
- Book a group tour at The Crossings Premium Outlets. Your group will welcome the opportunity to pick up top brand name merchandise at affordable prices. In fact, groups of 15 or more get free VIP Coupon Books
For more assistance in planing your group program to the Poconos, also consult Incentive Travel in Pennsylvania's Poconos and Venue Spotlight: Pocono Mountains Convention & Visitors Bureau.
Photo Credit: Charlie Anzman