With more and more people watching what they eat and trying to stay active, help keep your conference participants happy and healthy by incorporating these simple ideas at your next event:
- Choose a hotel with a good gym – easy enough as most hotels these days have a fitness facility. Be sure to include this in the site of your hotel before booking to make sure the gym can handle a number of people at the same time since they will likely be working out during the pre or post the conference times.
- Select healthy meal options - find vendors that can offer healthy meal ideas that go beyond the standard garden salad. Some hotels such as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts have begun to offer lifestyle cuisine menus that are low on calories but high on flavor. Dietary concerns such as gluten free, vegetarian and vegan should also be considered in advance for your participants.
- Organize a morning running group – encourage participants to sign up via a newsletter, on your website, or upon check in at the hotel. Participants can get their blood pumping in the morning while breaking the ice with other meeting participants.
- Depending on the nature of your meeting or retreat, incorporate active elements into the meeting schedule. Organize a photo scavenger hunt or have a team building event at a nearby gym or park. Better yet choose a destination where the team building events involve the local adventure activities and where participants can extend their stay and enjoy skiing, mountain biking, hiking or other outdoor pursuits.
- Free time – while everyone wants to get the most out of their scheduled meetings and events, leaving some free time in the itinerary allows participants to get out and explore their destination or hit that hotel gym. Let guests know maps of the area are available at concierge (or include them in your welcome packages) and recommend sites that can be easily walked to in the allotted time. Participants will come back refreshed, focused and ready to learn.
Did you know members of Fairmont’s unique loyalty program, Fairmont President's Club, have access to Fairmont Fit workout apparel, footwear, pre-loaded MP3 players and yoga mats delivered to their guest rooms? Whether you've forgotten your gear or simply prefer to travel light, staying active at Fairmont — and embracing your passion for fitness — couldn't be easier.
View Fairmont Hotels in the North West on the Cvent Supplier Network!