Does your conference have a mobile strategy for right now? The next six months? The next year?
If not, it should. The best time to get started on your mobile conference app is right now.
Just consider the following stats*:
- 88% of American adults own a cell phone.
- More than half (55%) of these adults access the internet via their phone.
- 31% of these cell internet users say they mostly go online with their cell phone and not some other device, such as a desktop or laptop.
- Nearly half of all Millennials (45%) who use the internet on their cell phones do most of their online browsing via their mobile device.
- Half of African-American cell internet users (51%) do the majority of their online browsing via their phone. That's double the number of whites (24%). Two in five Latino cell internet users (42%) do the majority of their online browsing via their phones.
*Pew Research Center's Internet & American Life Project, June 2012
Clearly, mobile devices have become a global lifeline to many.
Three Reasons Why Your Conference Mobile App Should Rule Too!
These cell internet users had three primary reasons for using their mobile phones to browse the internet. These same factors apply to why you should use a mobile conference app for your next event.
1. Cell phones are convenient and always available.
64% of cell internet users state they do most of their internet browsing via their cell phone because it’s convenient, accessible, and always available.
Conference mobile apps are convenient and always available just like the users' cell phone.
This is one of the primary reasons your conference needs a mobile app. Your attendees want the convenience of accessing the conference content via their mobile device. They carry their cell phone with them everywhere and your conference mobile app should be as accessible via their mobile device.
2. Cell phones better fit the users' online habits.
18% of cell internet users state that their online habits as well as their friends' habits make the cell phone a simpler, more effective choice for going online. One in ten says they do most of their basic services when they go online and don't require an advanced device.
Conference mobile apps better fit attendees' online habits.
Accessing the conference content and information via their mobile device is a simpler, more effective choice than the traditional conference print pieces.
3. Cell phones fill access gaps.
10% of cell internet users point towards a lack of other access options as to why they use their mobile phones to go online. They don't have any other way to access the internet except their mobile device.
Conference mobile apps fill access gaps to real-time conference data instead of an outdated printed program.
Why do you think so many conference organizers are slow to adopt mobile apps for their event? How can you harness a conference mobile app as a tool for creativity that involves your audience?
Learn more about the benefits of a mobile app and how to include a mobile strategy in your marketing plan.