Should your conference have a mobile app? Of course it should! That's a no brainer today.
Your biggest concern should be how to launch your conference mobile app so it's adopted fast and used frequently. Not whether you should have one or not.
CrowdCompass recently released a free eBook Mobile App Marketing Playbook: A Guide to Increasing Mobile Event App Adoption.
Five Key Takeaways
Here are the top five takeaways from this eBook.
1. First impressions are everything!
Your attendees' first impressions about your conference mobile app are a make or break moment. Attendees will make a quick, knee-jerk judgment on whether they feel your conference mobile app is convenient, attractive, intuitive and user-friendly. Every yes drives repeat use and stronger adoption. If you fail to capture the users' attention from the beginning, adoption of the mobile app will decrease.
2. Conference mobile apps serve attendees the most.
Your conference mobile app serves all of your conference stakeholders--attendees, conference hosts, exhibitors, sponsors and speakers. However, the mobile app serves the attendees the most. It's all about upgrading and value-sizing their conference experience. It's about improving their real-time decisions based on the information found in the app.
3. A conference mobile app should be the Swiss Army knife digital journal for attendees.
The conference mobile app is as useful and adaptable as the Swiss Army knife. The multi-purpose nature of the conference mobile app makes it an indispensible part of the conference experience. Not only does it work in real-time to solve immediate needs. It also serves as a digital journal capturing and recording the conference attendee's experience for repeat use and future review.
4. Adoption and metrics drive sponsorships and monetization of your conference mobile app.
You're selling a pipe dream if you're selling conference mobile app sponsorship with little to no metrics to support your pitch. The monetization of your mobile app follows a four-step cycle:
• Create an adoption success plan with pre- and post-event elements.
• Share that adoption plan with potential sponsors to secure sponsorship.
• Deliver on your promise to enhance the attendee experience.
• Review, improve and adjust the conference mobile app each year to increase its value for the attendee as you gradually increase the sponsorship fee.
5. Giving attendees the ability to customize their own event channel and experience through the conference mobile app is the killer marketing strategy.
Conference mobile apps are a great tool to access customized content. Coaching attendees on how to pull the conference information that is most critical to them ensures higher adoption rates. It can become the attendee's primary go-to-source for personal push and pull notifications.
What steps should conference organizers and marketers consider when shifting content from print to digital strategies? How should pricing strategies reflect this similar change from conference print advertising to mobile advertising?
Learn more when you download your free copy of the Mobile App Marketing Playbook by CrowdCompass.