More than 80% of meeting professionals have a smartphone, but only 9% of planners use mobile apps for their meetings. Are you missing out on this huge marketing opportunity? Here's how you can be prepared when your attendees ask, "Is there an app for that?"
If you didn’t catch yesterday’s webinar on mobile advertising and conference sponsorships, here’s a quick recap.
Mobile Event Marketing: Top 10 Takeaways
1. Mobile advertising is growing faster than you can say Worcestershire sauce (are we the only ones who trip over that word?)
2. How fast exactly? The mobile advertising market tripled last year to 1.6 billion. This year it’s expected to reach over 5 billion.
3. Facebook now has 900 million monthly users. 500 million of them are mobile.
4. People use mobile to access other networking sites: Twitter--13.4 million and LinkedIn--5.5 million.
5. We can’t say it enough—social media is a big deal. Mobile phone users with Internet access average over 700 social connections. Imagine the network of each attendee knowing about your event. Instant popularity.
6. Making your event mobile is a valuable investment. We’re going to be blunt—we want a full commitment. You get out of it what you put in, so make sure websites are mobile optimized and sponsors' marketing methods have a strong call to action.
7. Strengthen the connection between sponsors and attendees with gamification. Adding an in-app game turns your ordinary event into a fun, social experience. Who’s going to forget that? No one, that’s who. According to experts, offering a gamified service will become as important as Facebook, eBay, or Amazon.
8. A mobile app means new and increased advertising opportunities for sponsors. They can send your attendees special offers, promotions, or other exciting news through a push notification. It’s quick. It’s effective. It’s awesome.
9. Your sponsors want fast, concrete results. Mobile makes it possible. All of your sponsors’ marketing materials (banners, ads, etc.) become measurable within the app. It tracks who looked at what and for how long, making it much easier to improve marketing strategies.
10. Mobile makes it easy to keep your sponsors happy. Happy, successful sponsors stick with you and your event for the long haul.
Want to learn more? Check out these 2 free webinars coming up!
Image from: http://www.flickr.com/photos/luc/1824234195/