Spice up your Cinco De Mayo fiesta with these Mexican-inspired event ideas! These creative components will surely please any crowd and encourage a truly hands-on fiesta experience. For a larger celebration, I recommend setting up several "stations" for guests to rotate through. Make the most of local Mexican caterers or provide recipes for hotel chefs to conjure up. Fitting for a Cinco de Mayo celebration, these fiesta ideas are also great options for any summer event, reception or luncheon.
• Have a Margarita taste off - alcoholic or non-alcoholic - and use tequila shooters for these mini-tastings
• Have the venue set up a "create-your-own" guacamole and/or salsa station with unique and spicy ingredient options
• Don't forget dessert: offer up sweet treats like Tres Leches cake, churros, lime cheesecake and Mexican brownies
• Use brightly colored linens and sombrero centerpieces
• Provide mini-quesadillas with an array of different fillings and use Mexican-themed cookie cutters to shape them
• Offer guests a taco bar with prepared fillings for individual assembly
• If you're lucky enough to have great weather and an outdoor fiesta, throw togther a fireworks display featuring the colors of the Mexican flag