A recent report from MarketWatch
listed the top 102 cities in the country for conducting business in 2011. MarketWatch examined how cities tried to contain their jobless rates in the past year and how they managed from the time the economic boom reached its apex in 2006 to today.
The resulting top 5 are:
- Washington, DC - Up 1 place since 2009.
- Omaha, NE - Up 1 place since 2009.
- Boston, MA - Up 2 places since 2009.
- Des Moines, IA - Down 4 places since last year.
- Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN - Down 1 place since 2009.
The score is based on a measure of business concentration within a metro area and takes into consideration unemployment, job growth, population growth, personal income and local Gross Domestic Product (GDP). MarketWatch uses a total of 14 measurable metrics in its survey, including tourism.For a more thorough review of MarketWatch's top cities, click here. To see venue opportunities within these destinations, go to the Cvent Supplier Network.