Uh-oh. November is, dare I say it, just around the corner, which means that December isn’t far behind – and so we begin the end of the year crush to get all those meetings in before the holidays arrive and your attendees get swamped with seasonal obligations and activities. Keep in mind that with Thanksgiving being so early this year, planners may wind up feeling like November is the shortest month ever, particularly when it comes to the number of prime days available for bookings – so start locking in your plans now! As Thanksgiving falls on Thursday, November 22, we'd suggest picking meeting dates between Thursday, November 1 through Friday, November 16, or after Monday, November 26 to minimize the potential negative impact on your turnout.
If NYC in November is on your shortlist of locations for your next meeting, here’s a top line on some of the big gatherings that you’ll be sharing space – and room blocks – with. And if your clients are dragging their feet or won't commit just yet, let them know about a few of these dates to gently remind them that it's time to get cracking! Here's who's in town:
- Nov. 3: American Diabetes Association Expo (Javits Convention Center)
- Nov. 4: ING New York City Marathon (throughout the 5 boroughs)
- Nov. 7 & 8: Ad Tech New York (Javits Convention Center)
- Nov. 10 – 13: International Hotel, Motel and Restaurant Show (Javits Convention Center)
- Nov. 14 & 15 HD (High Def) World Conference & Expo
- Nov. 17 & 18: The Pier Antiques Show (Pier 94)
- Nov. 25 – 28: The Greater NY Dental Meeting (Javits Convention Center)
- Nov. 28 – 30: NY Shoe Expo (New York Hilton)
- Nov. 28: The 80th Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony (Rockefeller Center)
Ready to submit those NYC RFPs? Then visit the Cvent Supplier Network.