Say what you will about NYC, it is, to say the least, one very fashion-conscious town.
Not to boast, but as home to many of the greatest shops in the world, the Garment District, the Fashion Institute of Technology, Project Runway, Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, the Met Costume Institute and some of the best people-watching anywhere, NYC is the city where style is second nature. So for groups headed to NYC between now and the end of the year, style-conscious or not, a trip to one of city's the stylish exhibitions is a great, inexpensive way to experience NYC's fashionable side. From now through the end of the year and into early 2013, NYC will host several style-centric exhibits worth checking out either on your own for inspiration, or with a group of fashionable visiting dignitaries:
- Through December 1, 2012: Fashion Illustration: A Contemporary Look at The Brooklyn Public Library, Grand Army Plaza
- Through January 5, 2013: Ivy League Style at The Museum at FIT, 27th & 7th Ave
- Through January 12: Katharine Hepburn: Dressed for Stage and Screen at New York Public Library for the Performing Arts, at Lincoln Center
- Through January 20, 2013: Urban Fabric: Building the Garment District at the Skyscraper Museum, 39 Battery Place
- Though February 17, 2013: Doris Duke's Shangri La: Architecture, Landscape and Islamic Art at the Museum of Art and Design, 2 Columbus Circle