Offering more than 300 days of sunshine a year, 100-plus golf courses, and group activities ranging from Jeep tours to golf cart polo, Palm Springs is a Southern California destination that lets planners create an experience as inspiring and unforgettable as a desert sunset.
There are plenty of reasons to meet in Greater Palm Springs. These 10 just might surprise you.
- siteFlight: Planners, there’s nothing quite like experiencing this oasis firsthand. Luckily, Greater Palm Springs makes it easy for qualified planners to do just that. Simply let the team know where and when, and they’ll host your “site flight.”
- Midweek Discounts: Save big on your next event with special pricing on soirees held Sunday through Thursday. In addition to room discounts, midweek meetings mean fewer crowds for prime tee times, indulgent spa sessions, coveted recreation activities, and distinctive event spaces.
- Easy Air Access: SmarterTravel.com named the Palm Springs International Airport (PSP) one of its “10 Most Stress-Free Airports in America,” and for good reason. Far from frenzied, PSP offers nonstop service from 11 airlines connecting to more than 550 global destinations. Additional seasonal flights make it even easier to enjoy a sunny Southern California winter.
- Summer Bargains: Feeling the heat to meet in the summer? No sweat! As temperatures rise, this oasis offers plenty of cool, budget-friendly concepts. Beyond hot deals and negotiation flexibility, summer bonuses mean fewer crowds while basking in the glow of success.
- Unique Outdoor Meetings: Take your next event outdoors in Greater Palm Springs. Warm weather year-round makes it the perfect setting for events and activities under the sun. Think morning yoga sessions where you can feel the grass between your toes, receptions under a starry desert sky by the mountains of the San Andreas Fault — and everything in between.
- Game-Changing Action: Score high marks with unique activities such as Empire Polo Club’s golf cart polo. Outfitted with helmets and mallets, attendees take to the turf in carts driven by pro players. Or “rough it” with hybrid FootGolf at The Lights at Indio Golf Course or Desert Willow. Action kicks in as players target 21-inch-diameter cups with a regulation soccer ball as they make their way across the golf course.
- Off-the-Grid Activities: Geared toward adrenaline addicts, the revved-up BMW Performance Driving School West puts the pedal to the metal at the exclusive Thermal Club. This fast track has a “no-holds-barred” attitude as instructors challenge drivers to race past their comfort zones. Groups can go galactic with an out-of-this-world stargazing trek to Indian Canyons or be edgy by straddling the San Andreas Fault on a footbridge.
- What Heat? Summertime brings warmer temperatures, but as the sun slips, the weather transitions into a glorious balmy evening — even requiring a light jacket quite often. Low humidity makes warmer temperatures more comfortable. Winter highs reach the 70s, while spring and fall temperatures hit the 80s. Simply schedule indoor day sessions, break for a pool party with umbrella drinks, and then reconvene for alfresco dining affairs blanketed by stars. Always on the mark, Palm Springs Aerial Tramway delivers a cactus-to-clouds climb to the 8,516-foot Mountain Station, where temperatures are regularly 30 to 40 degrees cooler.
- Easy Access: Whether you’re flying into PSP or catching Interstate 10 from Southern California and neighboring states, access is easy, with lots of options. PSP welcomes such carriers as American, Delta, United, JetBlue Frontier, Alaska, and WestJet. Looking for alternative airlines? Consider nearby airports, including Ontario International (1.25-hour drive), John Wayne-Orange County (1.5-hour drive), Los Angeles International (two-hour drive), or San Diego International (2.25-hour drive).
- Vibrant oasis: Greater Palm Springs is fueling a vibrant resurgence by coalescing retro-kitsch Rat Pack panache and avant-garde design. Tap into more than $2 billion in fresh and revitalized hospitality amenities, including newer options such as Kimpton Rowan Palm Springs Hotel, Hotel Paseo, and Sands Hotel & Spa. The activities roster is equally robust, offering options such as Segway-powered scavenger hunts, chef-infused culinary classes, and creative encounters.