There’s too much going on in Detroit to make it a day trip. Whether you need to lay your head down after a night in the city or find a unique space for an upcoming event, our guide to Detroit hotels will help point you in the right direction.
Boutique Downtown Hotels
- Detroit Foundation Hotel: Located inside the former Detroit Fire Department Headquarters near Cobo Center, this hotel embodies the city’s renaissance with a contrast of old and new.
- Trumball and Porter Hotel: One of the newest properties in the city, this unique boutique hotel is located in the popular Corktown neighborhood.
- The Inn on Ferry Street: Stay in a restored Victorian mansion or carriage house near the city’s cultural, medical, and educational districts.
- The Westin Book Cadillac: Located downtown, this hotel was restored to its 1924 splendor and is now one of the city’s premier lodgings.
- Aloft Detroit at The David Whitney: The historic David Whitney Building near Grand Circus Park is situated right in the heart of the city.
- El Moore Lodge: Touted as “urban sustainable lodging,” the lodge is located in a vibrant residential community in the Cass Corridor.
- Atheneum Suite Hotel: Newly renovated with modern Greek flair, the Atheneum is a popular choice thanks to its Greektown location.
- MGM Grand Detroit: Ultra-chic, resort-style accommodations complement the onsite gambling and gaming at this spot in the downtown district.
- MotorCity Casino Hotel: These elegant and luxurious accommodations are attached to the downtown MotorCity Casino.
- Greektown Casino-Hotel: Located in the Greektown district, this property features plenty of rooms and great views.
Business or Conference Hotels
- Detroit Marriott at the Renaissance Center: Situated on the Riverwalk inside General Motors’ world headquarters, this Marriott is ideal for doing business downtown.
- Crowne Plaza – Detroit Downtown Riverfront: A location across from the iconic Hart Plaza near Cobo Center makes this hotel within easy reach of the city’s best attractions.
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton – Downtown Detroit: This premium conference environment was recently refurbished and offers some of the city’s largest suites.