People have been meeting in Newport, Rhode Island, since before the Great Friends Meeting House opened its doors in 1699. Everywhere you look in this coastal community, there is a historic landmark, a thing of beauty, or a story to be told. There’s an energy that’s palpable, a vibe that’s unmatched, and a sense that you’ve stepped out of the “same old” and into a “new old.” Newport sparks great conversation, encourages big ideas, and opens hearts and minds. Predating the country itself, Newport inspires confidence, evolution, and endurance in business. In others. In you.
Plan your next meeting in Newport today, and give them something to experience.
Our Top Team-Building Experiences for Your Next Meeting
- Chef de Jour. A little friendly competition never hurt anyone. In fact, it’s encouraged at Hotel Viking’s Iron Chef competition, where your group will split into teams, don aprons and chef hats, and use your best culinary skills — with the supervision of Hotel Viking’s executive chef — to craft one entrée using the secret ingredient. Hotel judges will rate each team’s submission based on presentation, creativity, taste, and teamwork. The night ends with a three-course plated dinner and, of course, some bragging rights for the winning team.
- Sail Away. Fact: You can’t step foot in the sailing capital of the world without earning your sea legs. Not to worry; we have you covered. With 12 Meter Charters, you and your team can climb aboard a legendary America’s Cup yacht with one shared goal: Help sail the boat. From grinding winches and trimming the sheets to calling out sailing tactics (or just manning the beverage cooler), you’re sure to leave with a better sense of motivation and teamwork, not to mention some sailing skills. Enjoy an awards ceremony afterward to honor the winning team and feast on a traditional New England lobster bake.
- All Aboard the Rails. Sometimes all you need for team-building is fresh air and a little bay breeze. Join Rail Explorers for a journey alongside scenic Narragansett Bay aboard innovative rail bikes. These pedal-powered bikes offer a tandem (two seats) or quad (four seats) experience and allow riders to travel on railroad tracks through lush greenery and alongside the bay, past the iconic Mount Hope Bridge. Enjoy the freedom of the outdoors and the magic of the railroad at your own pace and in your own space.
- Engage Your Inner Scavenger. Where can you step foot on historic grass courts on which tennis legends from around the globe have played? Answer: Newport’s International Tennis Hall of Fame. Split your group into teams and let them try their hand at croquet under the instruction of a pro. Prefer to take it up a notch? Engage in an interactive scavenger hunt that requires team members to use their problem-solving prowess to scour the grounds, solve clues, and beat the clock, all while learning about the sport of tennis.
- Show Off Your Artistic Talent. Experience the thrill of shaping molten glass alongside an experienced glassblower at Thames Glass in the heart of downtown Newport. Work one-on-one with a professional to craft your choice of unique ornament or paperweight. This activity is best for groups of fewer than 10 people.
- Do Good, Feel Good. When you meet on our Classic Coast, the opportunities to change the world are endless. Our Destination Experts have compiled a list of local and statewide nonprofits and charities that offer perfect opportunities to give back. Want to get your hands dirty? Join Save the Bay for a beach cleanup. Craving a challenge? Split your group into teams at Bike Newport and let them compete to build a bike for underprivileged youth at the Boys and Girls Club of Newport. We told you: endless opportunities.