The meeting and event industry thrived alongside 2016’s flourishing economy, with positive indicators at every turn. In our new 2016 Trends Report and 2017 Forecast, we explore marketing strategy, technology innovations, experiential design, and more. In 2016 alone, hotels and venues experienced the highest demand since 2007, challenging them to address leads with creativity, service, and flexible meeting environments. Meeting planners started leveraging tech trends more than ever last year, and not just onsite at events.
In the first half of Cvent’s two-part report, we tackle the trends that drove the industry in 2016, including planner insights, technology improvements, and branding growth. In the second half, we’ll share our forecasts for 2017 for the same categories and more. Here are some interesting stats from our research:
- In 2016, 28% of planners found negotiation with venues the most difficult stage of the sourcing process.
- 2/3 of planners surveyed in 2016 rated F&B pricing as a 9 or 10 out of 10 in importance when sourcing a venue.
- 33% of planners said that positive reviews are the number one influence on their destination choice.
- In 2017, high-quality broadband internet will remain the meeting industry’s top priority.
- 83% of people trust recommendations from friends and family over any other form of marketing.
Check out the full 2016 Trends Report and 2017 Forecast for a look inside the industry’s highs and lows, and compare your organization’s best practices with the competition.