In our last post, we talked about scheduling and completing a Customer Success Review with your Cvent Account Team to help stay on top of your Cvent goals and learn more about new areas of the Cvent platform that could be used to benefit you and your events. Since one of the most common things we hear from Cvent clients is, “I don’t know what I don’t know,” we thought it would be best to highlight some of those underutilized features here, to help give you an idea of the true power of the Cvent platform, and to make your lives as planners that much easier.
- Custom Event Views: The problem: You log into Cvent only to be faced with a daunting list of your fellow Cvent users’ events. Where is yours? It can be about as frustrating as hunting for a needle in a haystack. Using Custom Event Views, you can create a login screen just for you, control which events show, and what event information displays on your events page!
- Merging Duplicate Contacts: Over time, your Cvent address book can get cluttered and bogged down with extra contacts. To help keep your address book organized, cut down on redundant data, and make marketing your events and surveys more efficient, you can easily search for duplicate contacts in your address book and merge up to three at a time!
- Gray/Blacklists: Do you have registrants that can’t seem to remember to pay what they owe, or can’t be bothered to show up at the events they register for? Give them a polite (or not so polite) notice that you’re onto their shenanigans by putting them on a gray or blacklist. A gray list will give those registrants you choose a warning message, but will still allow them to proceed through registration. A blacklist will prevent them from registering entirely.
- Abandoned Registrations: We’ve all been there before; you start registration for an event, then get distracted by puppy videos on the internet or the fact that you haven’t eaten in at least 20 minutes, and forget all about it. With Cvent, you can use the abandoned registrations page to easily track anyone who abandons their registration partway through the process and email them to get them back on track and registered for your event!
- Event Snapshot Report: If you’re tired of running multiple reports just to check on the key metrics of your event, then we’re about to make your day. Check the Event Snapshot report in your event to get a ‘by the numbers’ status update on your event, including registration totals, earned revenue, conversion rates, and a registration deadline countdown. This is a great way to quickly check the pulse of your event and make sure you’re trending towards success!
- Internal Information: One of the most versatile features in a Cvent event, Internal Information allows you to create event-specific fields or questions for your invitees that are only visible to you and your fellow account users. These fields and questions will live in your registrants’ records and can serve in a variety of ways, including being pulled into reports, emails, or even your registrant badges!
We hope you enjoyed learning more about these underutilized features. More to come later!
Some of the links above are to the Cvent Community, a go-to resource for step-by-step help articles & tutorials, user forums, 24×7 support, and more. Visit the Cvent Customer Success Center to learn more.
This was written by Dixon Blue, a Client Success Consultant at Cvent. Dixon is an avid music-listener, book reader, tennis player, and food lover.
Follow @CventSuccess for tweets from Dixon, and other Client Success team members!