On this episode of How Great Events Happen, Cody and Brooke sit down with Michael Newton to discuss diversity and inclusion at events.
What to Listen for:
- What are the categories of diversity and inclusion?
- Why should planners create events open to diversity?
- Relatability is important.
- Who is on a panel matters. Why?
- An event is an extension of your company.
- Language is key.
- Ask questions – but be thoughtful.
- Why should you look across industries for ideas?
Who is Michael Newton?
Michael Newton was listed in the RAHM Top 100 Global LGBT leaders in 2018 and is the COO for the London-based LGBT charity The P3 Network – a charity focused on LGBTQ+ families and have run a number of focused campaigns around the LGBTQ+ community which resulted in the group receiving the ‘Point of Light’ award from Downing Street in 2018. Michael is a fellow Cventer as a Principal European Account Manager in our London office.