Kuala Lumpur has been called the "Garden City of Lights" because of it's sparkling views at night. Kuala Lumpur Tower (from where I took this photo 2 days ago) and the Sky Bridge at Petronas Twin Towers offer panoramic views.
Event planners who want to add the wow factor to conferences, corporate events or special events and wedding planners seeking a stunning effect are guaranteed a great view from many event venues.
- National Planetarium Get a bird's eye view of Kuala Lumpur as you ride the elevator.
- Restoran Berputar Seri Angkasa or Atmosphere 360 at Menara Kuala Lumpur (a.k.a. Kuala Lumpur Tower) Standing at 421 meters, this revolving restaurant is one of the best vantage points from which to see the Kuala Lumpur skyline. The restaurant is open for lunch, afternoon tea and dinner.
Here are two other interesting tidbits. With its Wedding Made In The Sky package, Menara Kuala Lumpur is one of the city's popular wedding venues. The tower also has the highest McDonald's in the world.
- Revolving Bintang Restaurant
One of 8 restaurants at the Federal Hotel in the heart of Kuala Lumpur's business district
- Zouk Nightclub Roof Garden
- Restaurant Look Out Point
It's the perfect event venue for small corporate events.
- Sky Lounge at Park Plaza International Hotel
- Sky Bar at Trader's Hotel
- Rooftop Luna Bar at Trader's Hotel
- Dataran Merdek (Previously known as the Selangor Turf Club)
- Grand Millennium Hotel A delight for meeting planners with an 18th floor executive lounge and 15,000 square feet of meeting venues including many rooms with views.
Photo Credit: Christopher Chan
I started writing this blog from the executive lounge on the 26th floor of the Boulevard Hotel. It's a great location in the same complex as Mid-Valley, the largest discount shopping center in Asia. (You can pick up designer brands at a savings.) Rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. Upgrade to one of the executive floors for lounge access Relax, use the computers and enjoy breakfast, afternoon tea and evening canapes and cocktails while you take in a 270 degree view of Kuala Lumpur. (That view inspired this blog entry.)
Many of Kuala Lumpur's 5 star hotels offer accommodation and venues for business meetings with spectacular views. For example, you have to take an elevator to get to reception at Berjaya Times Square in the city's Golden Triangle where most of the 610 suites have picture perfect views of the city.
In Kuala Lumpur, if you're looking for an event facilities or a room with a view, you don't have to look very far.