It's hard to believe that in just over 3 weeks, it will be Christmas. It's a busy season for corporate event planners. Whether you're putting the finishing touches on a holiday event, pulling together a last-minute holiday event, or holding a post-mortem for a recent holiday event, these tips will help you. They'll also help you begin planning next year's event early - as soon as you take a breather!
- Don't just offer the same event year after year.
Especially if many of the same guests will be in attendance, it's important to bring variety and a fresh approach to every year's Christmas event.
- Pick a theme.
Themes will drive your choices from venues and menus to color scheme and entertainment. Mix it up with a different theme every year.
6 Cool Christmas Event & Meeting Themes, American Style Special Events, and 4 Fabulous Christmas Event Themes
- Book a venue that already reflects your theme.
You'll provide a unique environment for guests and save on decorating costs.
Cool Christmas Event Venues, Unique Christmas Event Venues, Cool Venues Where Groups can Chill for Summer and Christmas Events, and Pop-up Christmas Event Venues
- Add decor and centerpieces that underscore the event theme.
7 Inspiring Ideas for Christmas Event Decor
This it how it all comes together for a Christmas in Narnia themed event at The Auction House.
- Enhance Christmas event menus by adding bold cuisine to traditional favorites.
Foreign Festive Fare for Christmas Events and 40 Wonderful Winter Menu Ideas
- Even if the budget is limited, be sure not to scrimp on entertainment that adds the element of surprise to wow your guests.
- Use the Cvent Event Blog's Learning From Holiday Events: An 8 Point Checklist to identify what worked and areas for improvement for next year.
- Learn why Why Savvy Companies Start Planning for Christmas in the Summer and make a commitment to begin your planning earlier for next year.
Need to pull a Christmas event together at the last minute?
Quick Last Minute Christmas Event Planning Tip: Select a venue that is already decorated and match your theme to the venue. Here is an example from Victoria Mansion, a national historic landmark in Portland, Maine.
Photo Credit: “Christmas in Narnia at The Auction House, Luton, Beds(UK)
Photo by kind permission of Kam Assi, Abraxas Photography, Beds, UK”