Successful meeting and conventions start at Avenida Houston, the city’s newest epicenter for art, dining, entertainment, and fun.
- Avenida Houston is a $175 million initiative that included renovations of the George R. Brown Convention Center (GRB) and several developments around the area.
- Visitors will be inspired by the 97,000-square-foot pedestrian plaza and the many options for a world-class experience, including new restaurants, a 12-acre park, nightlife concepts, hotels, and dozens of public art installations throughout.
- The convention campus anchor, the GRB, offers 85 million gross square feet of exhibit and meeting space, including 773,000 square feet of total exhibit space, 88 meeting rooms, and a 3,600-seat theater.
- There are nearly 3,000 hotel rooms within walking distance of the GRB and over 7,700 rooms in downtown Houston. Plus, two headquarter hotels are connected to the GRB via air-controlled skywalks: the 1,200-room Hilton Americas-Houston and 1,000-room Marriott Marquis Houston.
- A 530-foot-long, Texas-shaped lazy river and rooftop infinity pool at the Marriott Marquis Houston offer spacious views of the adjacent 12-acre Discovery Green.
- Once business is done for the day, visitors can explore downtown’s robust and vibrant culinary and nightlife scene, perfect for after-work fun or networking with peers.
- More than 20 dining options, ranging from barbecue to Mexican, are just a short stroll from the GRB. By the way, Alison Cook, two-time James Beard Award winner for restaurant criticism, selected two convention campus restaurants, Kulture and Xochi, for her list of the city’s top 100 restaurants in 2018.
- The convention campus also offers programming year-round for locals and visitors to enjoy, including live music, art exhibitions, kayaking, ice skating, and much more.
- The vibrant scene also lets visitors catch a concert at the Houston Toyota Center or The Rustic, the campus’ brand-new restaurant and outdoor music venue. Plus, the GRB is only a few feet away from three professional sports venues for watching Astros baseball, Rockets basketball, and Dash and Dynamo soccer.
- Stroll through the GRB and around Avenida Houston to see paintings, mini-murals, massive sculptures such as “Wings Over Water,” and rotating art installations by nationally acclaimed artists.
- Shop around. The popular retail store LAUNCH showcases the work of local designers and artisans, rotating through different offerings each month.
- Travel with ease on the 23-mile-long METRORail light rail service, which connects Avenida Houston to major attractions across the city. There’s also a free Greenlink bus that circulates throughout downtown, and cab rides cost just a $6 flat fare within downtown proper. Ride-sharing services, including Uber and Lyft, are also available.
- Easy come, easy go. Every week, nearly 6,000 flights depart Houston for domestic and international destinations.
Discover what Houston’s convention campus has to offer your next meeting or convention! Learn more at AvenidaHouston.com.