A mobile event app can deliver content to attendees in a format that’s easier for them to access. Traditionally, event attendees would get a big stack of paper guides, brochures, and so on. Nowadays, people want to get their information from mobile devices and apps because it’s faster and more convenient for them. This also saves event planners from spending a lot of their time and money on printing everything out.
Your event app should make it easier for attendees to engage with each other, and connect with your speakers, sponsors, and staff members. If your event app achieves this and offers attendees a richer experience, overall engagement with your event (and the app) will increase.
If you are interested in an app for an event, make sure to get stakeholders from your company involved. Include your finance team, the CEO, sponsors, and other key members when creating your mobile app strategy. Having their support will create potential opportunties for them as well.
You can start generating confidence in your event app by showing your investors how important it is to implement mobile. Here are a couple stats you might find helpful:
- Smartphone users spend 85% of their mobile time using apps. The other 15% is spent on the web.
- Nearly 50% of meeting planners say 2014 will have more of a technology footprint than the past.