When an attendee arrives at your event, they’re there for two main reasons: networking and content.
But as the planner, you aren’t just responsible for creating networking opportunities and providing great content. You also need to help attendees get where they need to go and communicate with them onsite. Remember those clunky event guides and printed agendas and maps? That expensive event guide was outdated by the time it was printed. That meant going through them with a Sharpie to cross out a canceled session or change a session’s room. And what about those last-minute changes that always happen onsite, when those event guides were already handed out?
Great events don’t just happen, but mobile event apps have made it much easier.
The New Event Standard
Today’s attendees – like all of us – are glued to their smartphones. On breaks, they’re catching up on work email or checking their schedule. During sessions, they’re jotting down notes or Tweeting what they learned. That’s what makes mobile event apps such a popular solution for events today. It helps you cover the basics, while also giving you the ability to engage attendees and collect their feedback.
The Upside for You
As the event organizer, a mobile event app helps you reach both your event and organizational goals.
- Keep attendees informed and easily notify them of any changes through push notifications
- Engage attendees with features like gamification and live polling
- Capture real-time attendee feedback at the event or session level
- Have more opportunities to bring in sponsorship dollars
- Promote and strengthen your brand
- Get real-time metrics in digestible reports, graphs, and charts
- Integrate with your registration system
The Upside for Your Attendees
For attendees, a mobile event app enhances their experiences and helps them maximize their time at your event.
- Easy access to event information, like their personal schedules, the event map, and session presentation slides
- Connect and network with other attendees, speakers, exhibitors, and sponsors
- Interact with speakers through surveys, live polling, and live Q&A
- Post to social media directly from your mobile event app
Mobile event apps let you meet your attendees where they already are, win back their attention, and craft a better event experience.