There’s a reason why Madison, Wisconsin, was ranked one of the top 10 happiest cities in the world by National Geographic: An amazing experience always awaits! Our vibrant city, situated between two sparkling lakes, is home to environmentally friendly facilities, award-winning amenities, and a college-town culture beyond compare.
What can you expect? A downtown convention center designed by America’s most famous architect, Frank Lloyd Wright. Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center, a LEED-certified building with a lakeside view and stellar services, has the amenities and space to fit your needs. In addition to the attached Hilton Monona Terrace, there are multiple hotels within a short walk that provide a variety of room and price options.
Need to manage costs? Here are a few Madison tips that can make your event easy and affordable.
- Leverage the free services of the Greater Madison Convention & Visitors Bureau. Our staff of Madison experts can connect you to anything you need — from lodging and transportation to catering and unique experiences — and distribute vendor RFPs to make your job easier.
- Use the free airport shuttles. All of Madison’s downtown hotels offer free shuttle service to and from Dane County Regional Airport, which serves 15 cities with direct flights and is located only 7 miles from the Convention Center.
- Get out and walk. Madison’s downtown is walkable, allowing you to cut down on local transportation costs during your event.
- Take advantage of our foodie culture with a dine-around night for your event. Named an “Unlikely Foodie City” by Fox News, Madison celebrates the agricultural heritage of our state with an array of locally owned restaurants serving farm-to-table fare. And our local James Beard Award-winning chef, Tory Miller, just beat Bobby Flay on Food Network’s Iron Chef Showdown. Check out any of his four restaurants for a feast of flavors!
- Tap into our knowledge base for speakers and event support. Madison is home to the University of Wisconsin-Madison, which is known for its expertise in science, engineering, environment, and education, among other disciplines. Madison College serves as home to both event planning and hospitality programs, which can be tapped to staff registration desks, serve as room monitors, and handle other duties.
All this translates into great success and happy attendees for you! Results from recent exit surveys show:
- 100% of respondents said Madison met or exceeded expectations as an event destination.
- 77% responded that attendee excitement about the destination was an important part of their selection.
- 77% of planners rated us as good or excellent in service areas, including responsiveness.