Event and hospitality professionals are seeing the benefits of the digital transformation every day, with digital solutions that drive more efficiency, stronger customer relationships, and consolidated processes. (Don’t believe us? Check out our report with Skift to learn about all the latest trends!)
So why are rooming lists still the predominant way of handling group bookings? It’s time that the meetings and events industry admits the truth: Rooming lists are outdated and inefficient for everyone involved — hotels, event planners, and guests.
A Better Solution
In a new white paper, “Room Blocks in Real Time,” Cvent joined forces with the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI) to explore the ways that software solutions ease the pain of room block management.
We found that hotels using group-booking platforms enjoy not only significant time savings, but also several other improvements, including:
- Fewer reservation errors, since guests have control over their booking, and the rooming lists are not being manually entered into the system.
- Access to real-time data, so hotels can track pickup and adjust whenever necessary.
- Endless potential to increase upsell revenue by offering guests room upgrades, spa treatments, golf, and other add-ons.
- Enhanced data security, since guest information and credit card numbers are not being passed around in spreadsheets.
- A more autonomous, streamlined planner experience, in which they can monitor pickup and see who has not yet booked a room — without having to repeatedly contact the hotel to get the information.
- A better, more personalized guest experience, in which they can book their room during registration and personalize their stay with upgrades and add-ons, all on the same attractive, event-specific website.
Learn more about what group-booking software can do for you — and hear from your hospitality peers who have tried it — by downloading the full white paper!